4.3.4 (13.1) Pet Spawning MAJOR issue (hunter, warlock, probably DK?)

Zul the Akbar

Verified Member
Flying and Vehicles that dismiss pets don't automatically call them back when landing or exiting.

NPC crowd control of the player should not dismiss pets at all but does. (such as dungeon boss fights that grab the player)

Also, pets should not engage in combat while following their mounted owner.

This is a major gameplay issue for hunters and warlocks (probably death knights).
Especially so for warlocks that need a long cast time to summon demons.

Has anyone found a solution for this?

Last edited:

ExO

Admin
Flying and Vehicles that dismiss pets don't automatically call them back when landing or exiting.

NPC crowd control of the player should not dismiss pets at all but does. (such as dungeon boss fights that grab the player)

Also, pets should not engage in combat while following their mounted owner.

This is a major gameplay issue for hunters and warlocks (probably death knights).
Especially so for warlocks that need a long cast time to summon demons.

Has anyone found a solution for this?

Regarding the dismiss. So basically, once you get on a vehicle, the pet should dismiss (which it does atm), but when you leave the vehicle, it should re-summon the pet?
Can you give me a way to reproduce this? (eg. a quest or something so I can test the issue)? Also, please provide proof (video) of this behavior. It will be hard to implement I think, so need to be 100% sure that (and how) it's blizzlike.

Zul the Akbar

Verified Member
Regarding the dismiss. So basically, once you get on a vehicle, the pet should dismiss (which it does atm), but when you leave the vehicle, it should re-summon the pet?
Can you give me a way to reproduce this? (eg. a quest or something so I can test the issue)? Also, please provide proof (video) of this behavior. It will be hard to implement I think, so need to be 100% sure that (and how) it's blizzlike.

here is a video I found of someone doing a cata-era questing. As you can see the pet appears after finishing the vehicle scene.

PS. the rocket rail line in Azshara does not function, but it's not game-breaking imo.

There were other definite issues I mentioned:
2. flight path landing pet re-summoning has been in-game for a long time. hunter and lock videos:

3. CC on the player should never dismiss pets. hunter and lock videos:
https://youtu.be/cLwYZ45Bxak?t=632
(this is also an example of a bugged ability I posted where the boss just grabs and holds the player.

4. While mounted, Hunter pets remain following and cannot attack or engage anything.