WoW Database Editor (smart script SAI editor)

Andysc

Verified Member
7io0nmA.png

INTRODUCTION
Smart Scripts are cool, they make scripting really easy. However, creating and editing them is really tedious, onerous and burdensome. Events and actions are NOT self-describing and new developers have to either test them through trial and error or analyze the code in core (which requires some programming knowledge). WoW Database Editor is solution for those problems!​
FEATURES
EASIEST EDITOR TO USE
Editing and creating smart scripts with WoW Database Editor makes it easier then ever! Firstly add event, then select source, action and target. Done!​
CONDITIONS
Conditions are integral part of SAI so creating them is as well integral part of WoW Database Editor! You can see conditions on the same workspace as events.​
SEE MORE
You no longer have to select an action to see what it does, you see events, actions and conditions all at once!​
TRULY CONTEXTUAL
WDE is really clever! It helps you on every step. Every parameter (unless it is really self-describing) gives you hints and suggestions. It includes descriptions and proposed values - both flags (e.g. cast flags, npc_flags), select values (e.g. summon type, emotes), boolean values (e.g. enable/disable combat movement) and intelligent comments.When you edit game object SAI, creature only events will not show! You see only events that makes sense and are supported with current AI type.​
ACTIONS HAVE SOURCES
Even though in TC SmartScript do not have concept of "source" of action, it is much easier to write script when there is one! Therefore WDE introduces not only targets, but also sources.​
LINKS CANNOT BE MORE SIMPLE
Linking events can make powerful effects, but it is quite hard to write them by hand. WDE makes big use of link events.​
SOLUTIONS EXPLORER
Just like all typical IDEs, WoW Database Editor has concept of „project” or „solutions”. You can keep all your scripts in one folder for easier accessibility in the future!​
REALLY CUSTOMIZABLE
It is YOUR IDE, YOU can customize it in way you want. Do you prefer events tab at the left or the bottom? Hidden or shown all the time? Would you rather see specific event in “spell” or “self” category? It is up to you!​
CUSTOM EVENTS AND ACTIONS? NOT A PROBLEM!
WoW Database Editor does NOT have hardcoded TC events, actions, targets and conditions. If your actions and events differ, you can replace them without recompile and even compare and detect differences in effect in particular script.​
DARK THEME
All modern IDEs have dark theme. It is much more pleasant for eyes. So does WoW Database Editor :) (but do not worry, there is also light theme!)​
Open source
And this all is completely open source available for free for everyone!​

FUTURE OF THE IDE
That’s not all! WoW Database is in active development and there are plans to add support for editing other Trinity tables so that all editing is in one place!​

DOWNLOAD
(link to always latest binary in description)​

SCREENSHOTS
(click to enlarge)​
VIDEO
Note: The video is from few years ago​
Bug/idea reporting
Please use github issues to report bugs and ideas: here

Last edited:

raggahc1

Gold Supporter
Veteran Member
wonderful!!
The only thing missing is that it is also in other languages such as Spanish (I offer to translate it)

Andysc

Verified Member
Awesome! I'm goin to try it out right now! :D

I am willing to hear to feedback, both good and bad :)

wonderful!!
The only thing missing is that it is also in other languages such as Spanish (I offer to translate it)
Sadly, within current application architecture it is not trivial to localize the application. I would really like to add translations, but now I want to focus on other things. It is definitely on my todo list, but for now it has rather low priority, sorry :(

Lamoyo

Verified Member
I never managed to start it. It keeps asking to download and install Net although I did. Anyone had a similar issue? Do I have to manually point it to Net directory or something? :confused:

Andysc

Verified Member
I never managed to start it. It keeps asking to download and install Net although I did. Anyone had a similar issue? Do I have to manually point it to Net directory or something? :confused:

Have you installed .NET Desktop Runtime 5.0.3 x64 from this link: https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet/thank-you/runtime-desktop-5.0.3-windows-x64-installer? It will not work if you install .net runtime (without „dekstop”) and it might not work (But I am not sure) if you install x86 version of it.

Lamoyo

Verified Member
Have you installed .NET Desktop Runtime 5.0.3 x64 from this link: https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet/thank-you/runtime-desktop-5.0.3-windows-x64-installer? It will not work if you install .net runtime (without „dekstop”) and it might not work (But I am not sure) if you install x86 version of it.
I did install what is recommended. I found the issue though in case someone has the same problem. For a reason .Net didn't install on C: drive but on a different one. So it couldn't locate it. I believe the right path it should be is C:\Program Files. I have tested after installing at the right folder and it works now.

Andysc

Verified Member
I did install what is recommended. I found the issue though in case someone has the same problem. For a reason .Net didn't install on C: drive but on a different one. So it couldn't locate it. I believe the right path it should be is C:\Program Files. I have tested after installing at the right folder and it works now.
Oh, that’s surprising, I didn’t expect it was possible to change installation path and I wasn’t aware it breaks things! But good it works now

Lamoyo

Verified Member
Oh, that’s surprising, I didn’t expect it was possible to change installation path and I wasn’t aware it breaks things! But good it works now
I have a talent on breaking things ?
Does this works with gameobjects? I read somewhere that you can't script gameobjects and you need a fake creature or something. Is this how it works? Is there a tutorial for scripting objects with this tool?

Andysc

Verified Member
I have a talent on breaking things ?
Does this works with gameobjects? I read somewhere that you can't script gameobjects and you need a fake creature or something. Is this how it works? Is there a tutorial for scripting objects with this tool?

Hey, gameobject script editing works just like creature script editing. You just use File -> New and select `gameobject` script. There is no tutorial for objects scripting, but it works the same like for creatures.

Andysc

Verified Member
unknown-12.png

Bunch of new features added! Among many:
* New "Problems" panel which in real time displays detected problems with the script (see the screenshot)
* _template tables editing!
* spell_area, creature_text, vehicle_template_accessory and gossip_menu_option editing with built-in conditions editing

joca

Verified Member
7io0nmA.png

INTRODUCTION
Smart Scripts are cool, they make scripting really easy. However, creating and editing them is really tedious, onerous and burdensome. Events and actions are NOT self-describing and new developers have to either test them through trial and error or analyze the code in core (which requires some programming knowledge). WoW Database Editor is solution for those problems!​
FEATURES
EASIEST EDITOR TO USE
Editing and creating smart scripts with WoW Database Editor makes it easier then ever! Firstly add event, then select source, action and target. Done!​
CONDITIONS
Conditions are integral part of SAI so creating them is as well integral part of WoW Database Editor! You can see conditions on the same workspace as events.​
SEE MORE
You no longer have to select an action to see what it does, you see events, actions and conditions all at once!​
TRULY CONTEXTUAL
WDE is really clever! It helps you on every step. Every parameter (unless it is really self-describing) gives you hints and suggestions. It includes descriptions and proposed values - both flags (e.g. cast flags, npc_flags), select values (e.g. summon type, emotes), boolean values (e.g. enable/disable combat movement) and intelligent comments.When you edit game object SAI, creature only events will not show! You see only events that makes sense and are supported with current AI type.​
ACTIONS HAVE SOURCES
Even though in TC SmartScript do not have concept of "source" of action, it is much easier to write script when there is one! Therefore WDE introduces not only targets, but also sources.​
LINKS CANNOT BE MORE SIMPLE
Vincular eventos pode produzir efeitos poderosos, mas é muito difícil escrevê-los à mão. WDE faz grande uso de eventos de link.​
SOLUTIONS EXPLORER
Assim como todos os IDEs típicos, o WoW Database Editor tem o conceito de „projeto” ou „soluções”. Você pode manter todos os seus scripts em uma pasta para facilitar a acessibilidade no futuro!​
MUITO CUSTOMIZÁVEL
É SEU IDE, VOCÊ pode personalizá-lo da maneira que desejar. Você prefere a guia de eventos à esquerda ou na parte inferior? Escondido ou mostrado o tempo todo? Você prefere ver um evento específico na categoria “feitiço” ou “self”? É com você!​
EVENTOS E AÇÕES PERSONALIZADOS? NÃO É UM PROBLEMA!
O WoW Database Editor NÃO tem eventos, ações, metas e condições de TC codificados permanentemente. Se suas ações e eventos forem diferentes, você pode substituí-los sem recompilar e até mesmo comparar e detectar diferenças em efeito em um script específico.​
TEMA ESCURO
Todos os IDEs modernos têm tema escuro. É muito mais agradável para os olhos. O mesmo acontece com o WoW Database Editor :) (mas não se preocupe, também há um tema leve!)​
Código aberto
E tudo isso é totalmente open source disponível gratuitamente para todos!​

FUTURO DO IDE
Isso não é tudo! O WoW Database está em desenvolvimento ativo e há planos para adicionar suporte para a edição de outras tabelas do Trinity para que toda a edição fique em um só lugar!​

DOWNLOAD
(link para sempre o binário mais recente na descrição)​

CAPTURAS DE TELA
(Clique para ampliar)​
VÍDEO
Nota: o vídeo é de alguns anos atrás​
[MEDIA = youtube] s0mmrjshcoY [/ MEDIA]​
Relatório de bug / ideia
Use o github para relatar bugs e ideias: aqui
Isso parece ser fantástico!

Andysc

Verified Member
you can now pick and edit gossip menu options directly during editing a smart script 🥳

the editor is still in development and new features are constantly released

Andysc

Verified Member
This editor works with open source emulators: TrinityCore Wrath, TrinityCore Cata (The Cataclysm Preservation Project), TrinityCore Master, AzerothCore (wrath) and CMangos (wrath) :)