Help please to put server online 4.3.4 cata

mata1

Trial Member
Help please to put server online 4.3.4 cata

so obviously i follow this guide https://www.emucoach.com/showthread.php?208-Making-your-server-public

i just wanted to duel with 2/3 friends on my own server, so i skip the DNS part (so i make it more simple only with ip but i even try with DNS and was same result, unable to connect....)

1. i open all needed ports and many more https://media.discordapp.net/attach...57519141046/unknown.png?width=1056&height=609

2. i set inside AUTH my simple ip dasdasdasd — Postimage.org

3. i told me friends to set realm to my own ip set realmlist 188.xx.xx.x4

4. disabled firewall https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/498597687768383491/704407675047379096/unknown.png

and my friends were unable to connect, i even restarted computer to save all those sttings and was same, unable to connect

how is possible for connection to be blocked after literally turning off firewall and opening all ports ?

Krowten

Gold Supporter
Veteran Member
I’m having the same issue. I can host locally no problem. I can even host other repacks, but not v13 for some reason. I can’t figure it out

Jinz

Gold Supporter
Verified Member
When I set up my server, I had to change the IP in the world/auth configs. Have you done that?

Damieninabox

Gold Supporter
Senior User
Did you update the ip address in the auth database - table realmlist? Set it to 188.xx.xx.x4

Krowten

Gold Supporter
Veteran Member
Yes I’ve done all of this, I can host my 3.3.5 server no problem, I don’t know what’s up with this repack

Mr. Satan

Admiral Squatbar
Mythical User
Head Moderator
Gold Supporter
MoP Premium
Superior Member
Yes I’ve done all of this, I can host my 3.3.5 server no problem, I don’t know what’s up with this repack

I believe there's more locations for IP's to be changed than 3.3.5, inside of 4.3.4. I can't remember where/how many as it's been some time since I set up either repacks though.
There's atleast an IP for realmlist inside the DB, theres multiple locations for IPs throughout the auth/worldserver.conf files.

Also make sure to check that all IP's required are port forwarded, and try hosting with your antivirus and firewall disabled to see if that works.

Bonaccorso

Gold Supporter
Veteran Member
For me V13 doesn't work for onlien as well - tried everything as in the isntruction, and still not able to connect.

3b799e5388

Gold Supporter
Veteran Member
Same here, locally on my pc the game and server runs great.
Connecting externally to my pc is succesful for AUTHSERVER, but fails at connecting to WORLDSERVER.

Port 8085 (worldserver) simply WILL NOT open to external connections, no matter what I configure. (conf files and DB)
Port 3724 (authserver) is opened and accessed succesfully, so port forwarding works.
(I also use port forwarding for other computers and services, which work as well)

using Gibson's ShieldsUp to test multiple ports, I get these results:

transpixel.gif

OPEN!
battlenet
Blizzard Battlenet
transpixel.gif

transpixel.gif

Stealth​
Unknown Protocol for this port
Unknown Application for this port
transpixel.gif

transpixel.gif

Closed​

in authserver.conf and worldserver.conf I tried binding IP to my external/WAN IP which resulted in error, which is logical as the services run locally, not externally.

in DB "emucoach_v13_vip_auth" > realmlist > data
I tried setting column "address" to external IP as my internal IP, but no success

I disabled Windows Firewall and/or allowed port 3724 and 8085 through.

Using Sysinternals' TCPview, I see that running wow.exe (client) locally, the process connects to both ports.

I use v13 VIP repack Cataclysm 4.3.4 build 15535 and is my first experience with repacks/wow server.

Last edited:

Mr. Satan

Admiral Squatbar
Mythical User
Head Moderator
Gold Supporter
MoP Premium
Superior Member
Same here, locally on my pc the game and server runs great.
Connecting externally to my pc is succesful for AUTHSERVER, but fails at connecting to WORLDSERVER.

Port 8085 (worldserver) simply WILL NOT open to external connections, no matter what I configure. (conf files and DB)
Port 3724 (authserver) is opened and accessed succesfully, so port forwarding works.
(I also use port forwarding for other computers and services, which work as well)

using Gibson's ShieldsUp to test multiple ports, I get these results:

transpixel.gif

OPEN!
battlenet
Blizzard Battlenet
transpixel.gif

transpixel.gif

Stealth​
transpixel.gif

transpixel.gif

Closed​

in authserver.conf and worldserver.conf I tried binding IP to my external/WAN IP which resulted in error, which is logical as the services run locally, not externally.

in DB "emucoach_v13_vip_auth" > realmlist > data
I tried setting column "address" to external IP as my internal IP, but no success

I disabled Windows Firewall and/or allowed port 3724 and 8085 through.

Using Sysinternals' TCPview, I see that running wow.exe (client) locally, the process connects to both ports.

I use v13 VIP repack Cataclysm 4.3.4 build 15535 and is my first experience with repacks/wow server.

You said you disabled Firewall, but what about your anti-virus entirely? I've had my anti-virus block connections before.
If all else fails, you could just change the port used by worldserver.conf to a different, unused port and see if the connection will be allowed. To do that, just go into worldserver.conf and change the ports used by it, and you might have to change the port in the realmlist.

I think I remember a situation where I opened 8085/6 and it told me the port was closed, yet people could still connect - I doubt that'll help your situation, just a note on the reliability of checking if ports are open/etc.

3b799e5388

Gold Supporter
Veteran Member
Well...finally solved it....

what worked for me is:
port 8085 had issues, had to change to 8086.
Changed in worldserver.conf and authserver.conf IPs 0.0.0.0 to the local (LAN) IP of the computer. Apparently 0.0.0.0 works only for local connections, but not remote connections
Changed in worldserver.conf port 8085 to 8086

In DB v13_..._auth > realmlist > data > changed
  • IP to my external FQDN
  • portnumber from 8085 to 8086
  • 0.0.0.0 to the local (LAN) IP of the computer
  • subnetmask from 255.255.255.255 back to 255.255.255.0. Apparently the subnetmask is for the network, not for the host.
In windows firewall, allowed INBOUND programs authserver.exe and worldserver.exe
In port forwarding, forwarding ports 3724 and 8086

Then using powershell's "Test-Netconnection FQDN -port 8086" gave a TRUE

All the same above for port 8085 DIDNT work for me.

Sidenote: this is my first server, I don't have any experience with other servers.
I tried the same with WotLK server, but same result. Hence I knew where to begin troubleshooting. (networking issues)

Last edited:

Mr. Satan

Admiral Squatbar
Mythical User
Head Moderator
Gold Supporter
MoP Premium
Superior Member
Well...finally solved it....

what worked for me is:
port 8085 had issues, had to change to 8086.
Changed in worldserver.conf and authserver.conf IPs 0.0.0.0 to the local (LAN) IP of the computer. Apparently 0.0.0.0 works only for local connections, but not remote connections
Changed in worldserver.conf port 8085 to 8086

In DB v13_..._auth > realmlist > data > changed
  • IP to my external FQDN
  • portnumber from 8085 to 8086
  • 0.0.0.0 to the local (LAN) IP of the computer
  • subnetmask from 255.255.255.255 back to 255.255.255.0. Apparently the subnetmask is for the network, not for the host.
In windows firewall, allowed INBOUND programs authserver.exe and worldserver.exe
In port forwarding, forwarding ports 3724 and 8086

Then using powershell's "Test-Netconnection FQDN -port 8086" gave a TRUE

All the same above for port 8085 DIDNT work for me.

Sidenote: this is my first server, I don't have any experience with other servers.
I tried the same with WotLK server, but same result. Hence I knew where to begin troubleshooting. (networking issues)

Glad you got it figured out, at least. It's been at least 3 to 5 years since I've hosted a private server for public use, and even then I rarely did it, so I don't have a lot of experience in that field, so I couldn't really help much other than the basics.

Thanks for posting what fixed it for you, as this could help others that come across the same issue.

tbokahn

Gold Supporter
Veteran Member
There seems to be in issue with people running the battlenet launcher not being able to connect to v13 with the client. Any ideas on a work around?

3b799e5388

Gold Supporter
Veteran Member
I suggest to let the clients simply run wow.exe, instead of using the battle net launcher.

I use a prepared*, prepackaged 7zip file of the client which I distribute.
I let them unpack the file to a folder of their choosing and run wow.exe.

*wow.mfil has contents replaced and made readonly, otherwise the game overwrites contents
realmlist.wtf contains the correct server address

Is the battle net launcher at all compatible with v13 vip cataclysm 4.3.4?