[GUIDE] How to migrate accounts & characters to latest VIP Version /Save accs & chars

lev2000

Veteran Member
Verified Member
I have the same issue as the person above me. Can't see any of the images. If possible please update the images.

omgoshross

Verified Member
Since the pictures are broken, I figured I would throw in how I got this to work for me.

I'm a total newbie to MySQL and HeidiSQL, but I figured this out through some trial and error.

I'm upgrading from VIP 12 to VIP 13.1 in this tutorial. I'm using HeidiSQL version 11.2.0.6213

Back up your old server before attempting! Better safe than sorry!

1) Run the MySQL batch file that you have your characters on. This is the old server that you want to move your characters away from.

2) Run HeidiSQL and log in accordingly.

3) Right click on the emucoach_v12_vip_auth and select 'Export database as SQL' (your db might have a number different from v12 here if you've been running a different server release)

Step 3.png

4) In this new window:

•Check only the 'auth' database on the left.
•On the right, check 'Create' for both Databases and Tables.
•In the 'Data' dropdown, select 'Insert'
•In the 'Output' dropdown, select Single .sql file
•Select a destination and file name in the 'Filename' line.
-What you name it shouldn't matter very much here. I kept the original name in mine.
•Finally, click export, and let it process.

Step 4.png

5) The export window should remain open. From here you can uncheck the '...vip_auth' database and select the '...vip_char'. Change the Filename accordingly as well so as not to overwrite the auth database. Click Export once more.

Step 5.png

We're done exporting. Now we need to put these into the version 13.1 server. Close HeidiSQL as well as your MySQL.bat files.

6) Run the MySQL file for the new server and login with HeidiSQL. Here, you can right click on your v131_auth database and select 'Drop'. Do the same for the v131_char database Click 'OK' when prompted. This will remove them.

Step 6.png

7) go to 'File > Load SQL file'

Step 7.png

8) Navigate to wherever you exported your vip_auth and vip_char databases in steps 3-5. Select the vip_auth and vip_char and click Open. If prompted with 'Really auto-detect file encoding?', select 'Yes'

9) This will open 2 new tabs over the main window. Click on the first tab (auth or char), and click the blue arrow (Circled in Red - "Execute SQL" or F9); then select the second tab and execute. (I don't know for certain that you need to execute on both tabs individually, but I believe you do)

Step 9.png

*DIsregard the fact that I have an auth and char database listed on the left here. You shouldn't see those yet.

10) After executing the SQL scripts, you should see your imported files listed on the left. Right click your imported file, and select Edit. Rename your auth and char databases to match your current version. In this case, emucoach_v131_vip_auth and emucoach_v131_vip_char, respectively.

Step 10a.png

You should be left with this.

Step 10b.png

I hope this helps! If there is anybody that knows what they're doing that can help me make this more accurate, please let me know.

Last edited:

Kein666

Gold Supporter
Veteran Member
Since the pictures are broken, I figured I would throw in how I got this to work for me.

I'm a total newbie to MySQL and HeidiSQL, but I figured this out through some trial and error.

I'm upgrading from VIP 12 to VIP 13.1 in this tutorial. I'm using HeidiSQL version 11.2.0.6213

Back up your old server before attempting! Better safe than sorry!

1) Run the MySQL batch file that you have your characters on. This is the old server that you want to move your characters away from.

2) Run HeidiSQL and log in accordingly.

3) Right click on the emucoach_v12_vip_auth and select 'Export database as SQL' (your db might have a number different from v12 here if you've been running a different server release)

4) In this new window:

•Check only the 'auth' database on the left.
•On the right, check 'Create' for both Databases and Tables.
•In the 'Data' dropdown, select 'Insert'
•In the 'Output' dropdown, select Single .sql file
•Select a destination and file name in the 'Filename' line.
-What you name it shouldn't matter very much here. I kept the original name in mine.
•Finally, click export, and let it process.

5) The export window should remain open. From here you can uncheck the '...vip_auth' database and select the '...vip_char'. Change the Filename accordingly as well so as not to overwrite the auth database. Click Export once more.

We're done exporting. Now we need to put these into the version 13.1 server. Close HeidiSQL as well as your MySQL.bat files.

6) Run the MySQL file for the new server and login with HeidiSQL. Here, you can right click on your v131_auth database and select 'Drop'. Do the same for the v131_char database Click 'OK' when prompted. This will remove them.

7) go to 'File > Load SQL file'

8) Navigate to wherever you exported your vip_auth and vip_char databases in steps 3-5. Select the vip_auth and vip_char and click Open. If prompted with 'Really auto-detect file encoding?', select 'Yes'

9) This will open 2 new tabs over the main window. Click on the first tab (auth or char), and click the blue arrow (Circled in Red - "Execute SQL" or F9); then select the second tab and execute. (I don't know for certain that you need to execute on both tabs individually, but I believe you do)

View attachment 1274

*DIsregard the fact that I have an auth and char database listed on the left here. You shouldn't see those yet.

10) After executing the SQL scripts, you should see your imported files listed on the left. Right click your imported file, and select Edit. Rename your auth and char databases to match your current version. In this case, emucoach_v131_vip_auth and emucoach_v131_vip_char, respectively.

You should be left with this.

I hope this helps! If there is anybody that knows what they're doing that can help me make this more accurate, please let me know.
Thanks very much for this guide man!
Useful and clean, but don't works for me, I tried to migrate from version 13.1(Fun/solo version) to version 14 (Fun/solo version), before migration, when I launch the Authserver it says: Emucoach version 14, after the migration, it says: Emucoach 13.1 and when I log into game I have all my characters and accont but after 5/6 seconds the Worldserver crash, I followed step by step your guide, I repeated all 3/4 time but every time the same situation.

Last edited:

secret

Veteran Member
[GUIDE] How to migrate accounts & characters to latest VIP Version /Save accs & chars

This guide shows you the exact steps to save your characters and accounts from a previous version of Emucoach Cataclysm Repack, for example the free version or an older VIP version, to the newest offered VIP version.

1) Download a database client by clicking here and setup the program.
2) Launch your existing _Server folder (Portable database server), where you have the current accounts and characters you would like to save.
3) Open HeidiSQL, and as hostname use 127.0.0.1, username: root, password: ascent, and port 3306

attachment.php
View attachment 1445

4) Export the auth database
You can do so by right clicking on the auth database name (like mine is emucoach_v14_vip_auth), and press.
After doing so, this window will appear:
4.PNG

View attachment 1446
5) Your settings should now look like this ^^, and then you should press Export. Now note down where you exported the sql data file to.

6) Now do the exact same thing, just with the character database.

7) Now close the _Server folder (Portable database server), where you have the current accounts and chars, AND then open the new _Server folder and MySQL you downloaded from the newest VIP version, where they are not saved.
8) Open up the database client (HeidiSQL) again. Now drop the auth database, and press OK.

You can do so, by right clicking on the auth database.
View attachment 1447
6.PNG

9) Now create a new database called the same as the new auth and char databases you downloaded and dropped (version 14 auth = emucoach_v14_vip_auth), by right clicking on the white space in the left side and press Create new -> Database and enter the name (emucoach_v14_vip_auth)
View attachment 1448
10) Select the auth database you just created, by clicking on it, and press on the Explore button (CTRL+ O), and find the auth database sql file that we backed up at step 6-7 and import it.

11) Do the exact same thing starting from Step 4.

Your auth and character databases are now running from the earlier version is now running on the VIP version!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the thread below!
What about saving

Guild names, progress, achievements
player and guild banks?

secret

Veteran Member

This guide shows you the exact steps to save your characters and accounts from a previous version of Emucoach Cataclysm Repack, for example the free version or an older VIP version, to the newest offered VIP version.

1) Download a database client by clicking here and setup the program.
2) Launch your existing _Server folder (Portable database server), where you have the current accounts and characters you would like to save.
3) Open HeidiSQL, and as hostname use 127.0.0.1, username: root, password: ascent, and port 3306

attachment.php
View attachment 1445

4) Export the auth database
You can do so by right clicking on the auth database name (like mine is emucoach_v14_vip_auth), and press.
After doing so, this window will appear:
4.PNG

View attachment 1446
5) Your settings should now look like this ^^, and then you should press Export. Now note down where you exported the sql data file to.

6) Now do the exact same thing, just with the character database.

7) Now close the _Server folder (Portable database server), where you have the current accounts and chars, AND then open the new _Server folder and MySQL you downloaded from the newest VIP version, where they are not saved.
8) Open up the database client (HeidiSQL) again. Now drop the auth database, and press OK.

You can do so, by right clicking on the auth database.
View attachment 1447
6.PNG

9) Now create a new database called the same as the new auth and char databases you downloaded and dropped (version 14 auth = emucoach_v14_vip_auth), by right clicking on the white space in the left side and press Create new -> Database and enter the name (emucoach_v14_vip_auth)
View attachment 1448
10) Select the auth database you just created, by clicking on it, and press on the Explore button (CTRL+ O), and find the auth database sql file that we backed up at step 6-7 and import it.

11) Do the exact same thing starting from Step 4.

Your auth and character databases are now running from the earlier version is now running on the VIP version!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the thread below!
What about saving

Guild names, progress, achievements
player and guild banks?

secret

Veteran Member
When i update, and save characters
sooo much is still lost

guild progress, banks, guild banks, custom content, minor fixes i made myself
and more. so much more.

secret

Veteran Member
Sorry about the mutli post
it kept saying "SERVER ERROR"

when i reloaded it was all there /shrug

Blackvision

Mythical User
Super Moderator
Gold Supporter
Sorry about the mutli post
it kept saying "SERVER ERROR"

when i reloaded it was all there /shrug
What I do whenever a new update release, is that I clean out the world DB and then import the world db from the newest version, also, replace the auth and worldserver.exe.
That is pretty much it.
Done so since 2020

secret

Veteran Member
What I do whenever a new update release, is that I clean out the world DB and then import the world db from the newest version, also, replace the auth and worldserver.exe.
That is pretty much it.
Done so since 2020
How do i do that? I used to use another repack that just had SQL files to update in sequence?

Im assuming you mean to just delete and import the new "mop_world"

everything else is kept?

I also know how to export the db from one version of the server, close it down and start the new one
but i cant seem to find where the "import" is. using HeidiSQL

Blackvision

Mythical User
Super Moderator
Gold Supporter
How do i do that? I used to use another repack that just had SQL files to update in sequence?

Im assuming you mean to just delete and import the new "mop_world"

everything else is kept?

I also know how to export the db from one version of the server, close it down and start the new one
but i cant seem to find where the "import" is. using HeidiSQL
what other repack ?

Not sure if you can mix em up

Blackvision

Mythical User
Super Moderator
Gold Supporter
no no, im not mixing anything

just saying everything i know is from a different repack and im lost with this one lol
ah okay.
But yea, just empty the old world DB, and import the one from the newest release.