[trinity/mangos/arc] CharImport - Character Converter/importer[EN/GER]

vhero

Hero To The People
Silver Supporter
Veteran Member
CharImport is a character-converter for World of Warcraft private servers. The tool can copy characters from the Armory or from a database to another server. It is also possible to store character profiles in template files, which can be divided / distributed and re-imported.
You can e.g. copy all accounts with their characters to another server or individual accounts and characters. The two servers do not need to be based on the same Core!
And there are many more uses...

The program currently supports the following emulations (Cores):

• TrinityCore, Mangos, ArcEmu, SkyFireEmu and others that are based on the foregoing.

interface1.JPG

Interface2.JPG

Features

It's difficult to mention all features because of the complexity of the tool. The best way to find it out is simply to try it. ;)

Transmitting of character profiles from the official WoW Armory

> Enter multiple Armory links
> If you enter only one link: character overview is possible
> Store the profiles in template files
> Copy the characters to a database:
> Options:
> For each character, create a new account
> Create new accounts with all characters
> Add all characters specified accounts
> overwrite existing character(s)
> The following attributes are transferable:
> Items
> Gems
> Enchantments
> Primary / Secondary Glyphs
> Character Level
> Race
> Class
> And more ;)

Transmitting of character profiles from the database

> Options:
> Copy all accounts with their characters
> Just copy certain accounts with their characters
> Just copy certain characters​
> If you specify only one character: character overview is possible
> Store the profiles in template files
> Copy the characters to a database:
> Options:
> Create all accounts with their characters
> Create a new account for each character
> Create new accounts with all characters
> Add all characters to specified accounts
> Overwrite existing characters​
> The following attributes are transferable:
> Password
> Items
> Gems
> Enchantments
> Skills
> Spells
> Appearance
> Badges, arena rating, honor, etc.
> Primary / Secondary Glyphs
> Character Level
> Race
> Class
> Primary / Secondary Talents
> And more​

Patch filter
This feature is only available on the character overview interface. It removes all items of the character that do not exist in the selected patch.

Transmitting of character profiles from template files
Template files always have the extension '.ciu'. In those files all character and account information are stored. In the main menu you can open these files and start a transfer of the properties. The available options depend on the destination emulator. If only one character is stored in a template file you can also open the overview interface. Of course, these files can be opened from anywhere.

Important notes:
First let me say that the tool is still in beta state, there may occur some errors. Some features are still missing and also some core revisions are not supported. Should the program determine that it does not know some relevant tables in the database, it prompts the user to send me an error report. So I can fix the bug and release an update.

Please be aware that the official WoW Armory is based on the live server patch and that characters have thus items that do not exist in "your" patch. These items will not be copied. Therefore use the filter function.
Also make sure that accounts that are affected by transfers are logged out during the process!
There can also occur exceptions during the transfer of certain properties. Please use the bug report function to tell me about issues. (Please provide a detailed description of the problem / with Item IDs)
Nevertheless, in order to ensure an error-free transmission process, the program tries to identify the structure of your database and automatically make appropriate adjustments.

Notes and system requirements:

Download

Version 0.11.6 (Beta) English/German
VirusTotal

Instructions:

1. Download the program
2. Extract Zip archive
3. Run CharImport.exe
4. Run desired operation

Snowbear

Silver Supporter
ok...maybe I'm a little slow on the uptake, but I can't seem to get the interface to open fully. I'm running Win7, and no matter how I monkey with the settings, it won't open the secondary panels, I get a cut-off version?

Quill Quickcard

Senior User
Veteran Member
I'm not entirely sure how to use this application.

I'm trying to copy my accounts and characters from one version of my private wow server to a newer one.

I'm not sure exactly how to proceed to do so.

Mr. Satan

Admiral Squatbar
Mythical User
Head Moderator
Gold Supporter
MoP Premium
Superior Member
I'm not entirely sure how to use this application.

I'm trying to copy my accounts and characters from one version of my private wow server to a newer one.

I'm not sure exactly how to proceed to do so.

I don't have it installed on this laptop so I can't tell you exactly, but I'll try to tell you by memory:

Basically, start up your old server, then go into the charimporter, click the 'Load characters from database'.
Try going through all the settings there for it to connect, then click connect I think, then select all that you want copied over (I'm not sure if this step is here, or later, so if you don't see options of what to copy over, don't worry)
It should then try to create a 'template' file, just put that somewhere like your desktop.

Then, close the old server, start the new one, choose the 'Load characters from template', put in all the settings, etc. Then, choose the template file you created. If you didn't get the option of what to copy over, then it should be around this step.
Click copy, let it do its work, then you should be good to go.

Sorry if that's not the best of help, it's been a while since I've used it.

Quill Quickcard

Senior User
Veteran Member
I don't have it installed on this laptop so I can't tell you exactly, but I'll try to tell you by memory:

Basically, start up your old server, then go into the charimporter, click the 'Load characters from database'.
Try going through all the settings there for it to connect, then click connect I think, then select all that you want copied over (I'm not sure if this step is here, or later, so if you don't see options of what to copy over, don't worry)
It should then try to create a 'template' file, just put that somewhere like your desktop.

Then, close the old server, start the new one, choose the 'Load characters from template', put in all the settings, etc. Then, choose the template file you created. If you didn't get the option of what to copy over, then it should be around this step.
Click copy, let it do its work, then you should be good to go.

Sorry if that's not the best of help, it's been a while since I've used it.

OOOOOH!
Start server, THEN run it.

That makes a lot of sense, actually.

If I have any further trouble, I'll post it here.
Otherwise, assume all is good!

UPDATE:
I still can't seem to get it to load up the proper information.

I'm just not sure what to put into the fields for database address, port, login and password.

Last edited:

Mr. Satan

Admiral Squatbar
Mythical User
Head Moderator
Gold Supporter
MoP Premium
Superior Member
OOOOOH!
Start server, THEN run it.

That makes a lot of sense, actually.

If I have any further trouble, I'll post it here.
Otherwise, assume all is good!

UPDATE:
I still can't seem to get it to load up the proper information.

I'm just not sure what to put into the fields for database address, port, login and password.

Click the button to auto-fill the server information, and make sure the user name is: root
The auto filled password is different than what it should be, so change it to: ascent
Everything else should be good.

Edit: By the way, you might just be better off private messaging me through the forums, because when you go to edit a post later on, I don't receive any notification on your update, so I don't really know to come back and check. If you PM me, then you'd send another PM as an update, etc.

Last edited:

Quill Quickcard

Senior User
Veteran Member
Click the button to auto-fill the server information, and make sure the user name is: root
The auto filled password is different than what it should be, so change it to: ascent
Everything else should be good.

Edit: By the way, you might just be better off private messaging me through the forums, because when you go to edit a post later on, I don't receive any notification on your update, so I don't really know to come back and check. If you PM me, then you'd send another PM as an update, etc.

I have the character importer working properly now.
Thank you for your help.

grizzlykiwi

Gold Supporter
Has anyone had success with Windows 10? I ran this with my DB started which i could connect to with HeidiSQL but the charimport tool just kept saying it couldn't connect... i had the same info and credentials as HeidiSQL.

So ive been able to backup my characters and accounts from my 3.3.5 Server but it wont connect to the latest 8.1 VIP 4.3.4 Repack server.

OK so figured it out... not sure if its been posted elsewhere but you have to manually enter the DB names ie emucoach_auth_v8_vip and emucoach_char_v8_vip

Last edited by a moderator:

Tasoulios

Veteran Member
I start the old server.

I'm running the program.

I use "root" and "ascent" as id and password as instructed above.

It still can't connect to the database :(

Edit: I managed to connect by entering the correct DB names (the default ones were wrong). I also managed to transfer the character but it seems a bit buggy. Some things aren't right like the heartstone needing re-registering, the guild chart not working, my items being sent to the mail by "support" etc.

Last edited:

cmpteki

Verified Member
Excellent; read through the posts, sounds promising, looking forward to being able to bring older server chars back to life.

Smack54

MoP Premium
Verified Member
Is there a newer less buggy app out there for import/export characters? I'm getting exception errors and I don't think the original dev is interested in fixing these bugs.

*edit* I tried to export a complete account and that failed so I was able to export a single character. Still, I'd love to see a better tool for this much-needed and frequent task.

Last edited:

Mr. Satan

Admiral Squatbar
Mythical User
Head Moderator
Gold Supporter
MoP Premium
Superior Member
Is there a newer less buggy app out there for import/export characters? I'm getting exception errors and I don't think the original dev is interested in fixing these bugs.

*edit* I tried to export a complete account and that failed so I was able to export a single character. Still, I'd love to see a better tool for this much-needed and frequent task.

I have a tool for it, but it's not optimized, so I can't guarantee better results.
I'm planning to eventually work on it, but I keep putting it off. The current version only works for v8, so for later VIP versions I can't help there.
I promise it will be updated soon and working, it's specifically designed for the emucoach repacks. I've already got everything coded in, just trying to optimize the code then it will be released.

cdnkorean

Verified Member
I have the 0.11.7 version and I don't think this works with the Light's Hope brotalnia version.
Does anyone know if there's a tweak or something to make it work?

cdnkorean

Verified Member
I really appreciate this tool But I'm getting an error when importing into TBC 2.4.3 Mangos.

This is the error in the realmd.exe
2020-09-08 12:26:42 ERROR:Item #73 have broken data in `data` field. Can't be loaded.
2020-09-08 12:26:42 ERROR:player::_LoadInventory: Player ggg has broken item (id: #5760) in inventory, deleted.
2020-09-08 12:26:42 ERROR:Item #91 have broken data in `data` field. Can't be loaded.
2020-09-08 12:26:42 ERROR:player::_LoadInventory: Player ggg has broken item (id: #20748) in inventory, deleted.
2020-09-08 12:26:42 ERROR:Item #75 have broken data in `data` field. Can't be loaded.
2020-09-08 12:26:42 ERROR:player::_LoadInventory: Player ggg has broken item (id: #17682) in inventory, deleted.
2020-09-08 12:26:42 ERROR:Item #92 have broken data in `data` field. Can't be loaded.
2020-09-08 12:26:42 ERROR:player::_LoadInventory: Player ggg has broken item (id: #7078) in inventory, deleted.
2020-09-08 12:26:42 ERROR:Item #80 have broken data in `data` field. Can't be loaded.

What does this mean and how can I get past this?
The equipped items are ok. These are just inventory items in bags and banks.
:(

cdnkorean

Verified Member
Looking at the database.
Seems like TBC item_instance is different than the Vanilla Light's Hope item_instance table.
Any ideas on how to convert it?
Thanks

samusarun

Gold Supporter
Verified Member
I have a tool for it, but it's not optimized, so I can't guarantee better results.
I'm planning to eventually work on it, but I keep putting it off. The current version only works for v8, so for later VIP versions I can't help there.
I promise it will be updated soon and working, it's specifically designed for the emucoach repacks. I've already got everything coded in, just trying to optimize the code then it will be released.

Hey man.... I dont suppose you were able to get your little program working, were you? If so, could I get a copy?

Mr. Satan

Admiral Squatbar
Mythical User
Head Moderator
Gold Supporter
MoP Premium
Superior Member
Hey man.... I dont suppose you were able to get your little program working, were you? If so, could I get a copy?

I haven't worked on it since that post, and I recently got a new PC so I haven't properly transferred over all my files yet, so sadly I don't have it working currently