- Changelog 8.0 (Next VIP)

dew1960

Gold Supporter
ExO, you have this marked as fixed in the changelog but [ Report for Tryouts] [#1920] seems to be missing or broken. I got a message saying ineligible for quest (I was using the Zygor addon to turn in quests and accept them so I am not 100% sure it was this quest but I can't get the quest) when I turned in [Rolling With my Homies] [QuestID=14071], perhaps because "Rolling with my Homies" I had to do a .quest complete because I could not pick up the homies. Goblin starting area quests kinda suck, no fun so not going to do them anymore. I hoped the Goblin starting area quests would work in this version but it doesn't seem like it. Hoping it is more playable in the future.

ExO

Admin
ExO, you have this marked as fixed in the changelog but [ Report for Tryouts] [#1920] seems to be missing or broken. I got a message saying ineligible for quest (I was using the Zygor addon to turn in quests and accept them so I am not 100% sure it was this quest but I can't get the quest) when I turned in [Rolling With my Homies] [QuestID=14071], perhaps because "Rolling with my Homies" I had to do a .quest complete because I could not pick up the homies. Goblin starting area quests kinda suck, no fun so not going to do them anymore. I hoped the Goblin starting area quests would work in this version but it doesn't seem like it. Hoping it is more playable in the future.

That sounds kinda odd. Last time we tested Goblim zone, we were able to fully complete it without hacks or use of GM commands. Make sure you are testing with .gm off , and if it keeps happen please report the specefic quest name and a screenshot (eg the rolling with my homies). Then it must be a simple issue causing it.

And I'll re-test it as well, but so far most of the feedback from Goblin was just positive, so it's kinda weird.

Also by using .quest complete command in Goblin it will risk break the whole chain because of phasing, since it's very sensitive in Goblin Zone. But yeah, tell me the quests you struggle with (without usage of gm commands), and we'll look into it.

ExO

Admin

I need to say something on this.

I re-tested it, and Rolling With My Homies eg works perfect to me. I can pick the homies just fin. Try to re-download the repack / wait for the new release coming up in a week or less.

Saying goblin suck's kinda frustrating/unfortunate to hear, because we work hard (us developers), and we cannot reproduce your bug, so it's a "false picture".

I really wanna help you get going so you get the correct / newest repack, let me know :) Maybe you're using wrong / old data eg.

I was also able to pick up the quest: Report for Tryouts:
https://gyazo.com/5c961940becab680a908c05b8ccd1ca8

So that's not broken either.

dew1960

Gold Supporter
I need to say something on this.

I re-tested it, and Rolling With My Homies eg works perfect to me. I can pick the homies just fin. Try to re-download the repack / wait for the new release coming up in a week or less.

Saying goblin suck's kinda frustrating/unfortunate to hear, because we work hard (us developers), and we cannot reproduce your bug, so it's a "false picture".

I really wanna help you get going so you get the correct / newest repack, let me know :) Maybe you're using wrong / old data eg.

I was also able to pick up the quest: Report for Tryouts:
https://gyazo.com/5c961940becab680a908c05b8ccd1ca8

So that's not broken either.

It's very frustrating for me too. I will start over from scratch and try it again.
I am using the EnUS Client, could that be part of the problem or explain why I am getting different results?

Hmm, I suppose it's possible I downloaded the data from an older link.

Well, thanks for your support. I do appreciate it and I will try again.

ExO

Admin
It's very frustrating for me too. I will start over from scratch and try it again.
I am using the EnUS Client, could that be part of the problem or explain why I am getting different results?

Hmm, I suppose it's possible I downloaded the data from an older link.

Well, thanks for your support. I do appreciate it and I will try again.

Otherwise wait a couple of days for the new release, I will release it in the weekend, that way we can assure your data's completely fresh and new so we avoid this problem occuring again.

dew1960

Gold Supporter
Hi! I was able to do the quest for the homies afterall. I did not realize that there is a workaround or that it works differently than on live. If anyone else has this problem, there is a button on the vehicle to "grab passenger" where it would normally be a temporary speed boost. Using it worked. Sorry for my confusion.

Tasoulios

Veteran Member
Unfortunately, this looks more buggy that v7. Worldserver spams me with "Test1" messages. this didn't happen in the previous version.

ExO

Admin
Unfortunately, this looks more buggy that v7. Worldserver spams me with "Test1" messages. this didn't happen in the previous version.

V.8 is old buddy, use v9.1 or wait for v.10 which are having huge differences. (especially v.10)