Mouse Issue With 4.3.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazz

Verified Member
Hey guys :)

I have a problem with the V5 of 4.3.4. Everything is working fine but I seem to have a problem with my mouse movement when I press either the left or right mouse button down & hold and try to rotate around my character.

Instead of it just following my movement to whichever direction I move my mouse to, it goes spinning like crazy and ends up in the top position where I see my character from a birds eye view but nothing else. (it moves incredibly fast even when just slightly touching the mouse) reducing mouse sensitivity has not helped at all, nor has trying a different 4.3.4 client. Has anyone ever stumbled upon this problem? I can use the mouse just fine on battle.net and it works fine across all other games.

Thanks a lot for the help and have a groovy weekend guys!

All the best,
Vazz

Mr. Satan

Admiral Squatbar
Mythical User
Head Moderator
Gold Supporter
MoP Premium
Superior Member
Hey guys :)

I have a problem with the V5 of 4.3.4. Everything is working fine but I seem to have a problem with my mouse movement when I press either the left or right mouse button down & hold and try to rotate around my character.

Instead of it just following my movement to whichever direction I move my mouse to, it goes spinning like crazy and ends up in the top position where I see my character from a birds eye view but nothing else. (it moves incredibly fast even when just slightly touching the mouse) reducing mouse sensitivity has not helped at all, nor has trying a different 4.3.4 client. Has anyone ever stumbled upon this problem? I can use the mouse just fine on battle.net and it works fine across all other games.

Thanks a lot for the help and have a groovy weekend guys!

All the best,
Vazz

That's really weird, I've never heard of a problem like this before.

It has to be something to do with the mouse or the camera settings, I imagine. I know you changed the mouse sensitivity, but go into the settings and look for the 'Camera' settings. See if there's anything there involving it. If not, it could be a setting in your computer, since this doesn't sound like a repack issue at all.

Also, when you say you changed your mouse sensitivity, was that in game? Or your computer settings?
And if it was in game, did you try changing the mouse-sensitivity in the other client you tried?

I know this will sound weird, but try changing the screen resolution of the game. For my computer, when my screen resolution isn't right, the game acts really weird, so it's *possible* (not likely, though) that it's the screen resolution.

Vazz

Verified Member
Hey there,

thanks a lot for the help! :) It works now, I figured I'd research the issue a bit further and it seems like a compability issue with my VMWare Software and the mouse overall. There are several reports on the internet on different games as well and it is definitely this, so in case anyone else has the problem, there are several workarounds, but it can be easily googled if you just look for Virtual MAchine Wow and Mouse issue :)

Ok guys, thanks again for this great project and have a great rest of the week!
Vazz

Mr. Satan

Admiral Squatbar
Mythical User
Head Moderator
Gold Supporter
MoP Premium
Superior Member
Hey there,

thanks a lot for the help! :) It works now, I figured I'd research the issue a bit further and it seems like a compability issue with my VMWare Software and the mouse overall. There are several reports on the internet on different games as well and it is definitely this, so in case anyone else has the problem, there are several workarounds, but it can be easily googled if you just look for Virtual MAchine Wow and Mouse issue :)

Ok guys, thanks again for this great project and have a great rest of the week!
Vazz

Glad to see the problem is fixed!
Thanks for giving the info on how to fix it, and because of that, I'll link to this thread in my 'A General Help Guide', which is linked below:
http://www.emucoach.com/showthread.php?1876-A-General-Help-Guide
Since the problem is now solved, I'm closing the thread.
If anyone else has this problem and cannot get it to work, even after following Vazz's suggestion, feel free to start another thread, as the issue will likely be a different cause.

//Closed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.