Bugs in Westfall

EQandCivfanatic

Gold Supporter
Verified Member
Westfall's actually pretty solid. Only a couple of small things, although one can be a major issue:

1. The guards and gnolls fighting in Sentinel Hill are not actually fighting, and don't typically until the player triggers the fight. As I've noticed elsewhere, anywhere that's supposed to be "locked in epic battle" between NPCs, one side or the other usually kills everyone. This continues after the main Westfall quest is completed, resulting in the numerous Defias adding all attacking just the player, and ignoring the guards they're supposed to be fighting.

2. The Sentinel Hill tower is on fire the entire time in Westfall, until after the completion of the main quest, when it becomes the ONLY building not on fire.

3. The Transient (ID 42383), the West Plains Drifter (42391) don't always provide the clues they need to provide for the quest Murder Was the Case They Gave Me (ID: 26209). They provide no dialogue, and the only fix has been server restarts. My suspicion is that other characters using the same name but different ID numbers have been added to the spawns at the Furlburrow Farm. An example would be West Plains Drifter (94739), which is supposed to spawn only by Sentinel Hill.

dolgan

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
Veteran Member
Westfall's actually pretty solid. Only a couple of small things, although one can be a major issue:

1. The guards and gnolls fighting in Sentinel Hill are not actually fighting, and don't typically until the player triggers the fight. As I've noticed elsewhere, anywhere that's supposed to be "locked in epic battle" between NPCs, one side or the other usually kills everyone. This continues after the main Westfall quest is completed, resulting in the numerous Defias adding all attacking just the player, and ignoring the guards they're supposed to be fighting.

2. The Sentinel Hill tower is on fire the entire time in Westfall, until after the completion of the main quest, when it becomes the ONLY building not on fire.

3. The Transient (ID 42383), the West Plains Drifter (42391) don't always provide the clues they need to provide for the quest Murder Was the Case They Gave Me (ID: 26209). They provide no dialogue, and the only fix has been server restarts. My suspicion is that other characters using the same name but different ID numbers have been added to the spawns at the Furlburrow Farm. An example would be West Plains Drifter (94739), which is supposed to spawn only by Sentinel Hill.

Try this for the guards and gnolls not fighting

INSERT INTO `smart_scripts` (`entryorguid`,`source_type`,`id`,`link`,`event_type`,`action_type`,`action_param1`,`target_type`,`comment`) VALUES ('42407','0','1','0','54','89','10','1','Move on spawn trigger combat');