User Tag List

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DBError.log Clean-up (GUILow messages) v7.0.2

Cleans up the thousands of GUILow error messages in t

Code:
    -- --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -- Repack version:               7.0.2
    -- DBError.log Clean-up
    -- Fixes the GUILow errors.
    -- --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    DELETE FROM `linked_respawn` WHERE `guid` NOT IN (SELECT DISTINCT `guid` FROM `creature`) AND `linkedGuid` NOT IN (SELECT DISTINCT `guid` FROM `creature`)  AND `linkType` = 0;
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying hard enough."

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While the above post eliminated the entries in the 'linked_respawn` table where both the controlling creature and the one linked to it are not valid guid's in the `creature` table it still leaves hundreds where only the `guid` value is incorrect. The `linkedGuid` is invalid.

The trouble I am having is matching these valid guid values to the correct linkedGuid values. They do not simply corristond to an id in the creature_template but specfic spawns which is why it is using the guid value in the creature table.

The follow will simply remove these since they are not being used anyway and generating errors in the DBError.log file but I am wondering is there a way to fix this so it works like it should instead of just deleting? Thoughts?

Code:
    DELETE FROM `linked_respawn` where `linkType` = 0 AND `linkedguid` not in (select distinct `guid` from creature)
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying hard enough."

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very cool, I was wondering if anyone was working on this yet.
    I guess my first question would be. Is there something in the dbc's that tells us who should be linked? But even if we know that information, We would still have to manually look up the guid's for each character, I doubt the game has that kind of information.
    I never play the game as a GM. Only a player character can test properly.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!
SEO Blog