Close

User Tag List

The Science Guy
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to get started with HTML/CSS

I figured the best way to start out this section, is to help people get started with HTML and CSS. As of writing this, I am enrolled in an online HTML/Web Development class, and by doing so, I've run into a couple of great sources to help me along the way.

I'm putting this first, to go ahead and get it out of the way. Most people might look at this and roll their eyes, but it's actually very helpful:
    The first is the textbook I use. I know, textbooks are expensive, but can be a great resource, especially this one. It helps you understand each part of HTML by explaining it. It actually explains what things to, instead of a lot of sites that just say "do this" and basically only let you copy and paste, where you don't really learn anything. It has plenty of examples to try to work with to help you learn better.
    This textbook, on kindle/ebook is about $99 to buy, while it's $123 to buy. To rent, it's only $27.
    I'd recommend renting it for a while, as it's the cheaper option, and you don't really need it for that long.
    Here is the link on Amazon:
    [Only registered users can see this link. Therefor you need to register first, and hopefully we see you wanting to join our friendly community we are trying to build up. Enjoy! ]

The second resource I use is a website, called w3schools. It gives examples of both HTML and CSS, and if you don't like reading, and/or learn best only by practicing it, then this is the site to use. It kind of goes along with the copy and paste, as I mentioned earlier, but it's still very helpful, and FREE.
    The link to w3schools is:
    [Only registered users can see this link. Therefor you need to register first, and hopefully we see you wanting to join our friendly community we are trying to build up. Enjoy! ]

If you're serious about getting into HTML/CSS, then I strongly recommend trying out both of these sources. They have helped me alot with my work in the class, and they're honestly not that boring. Personally, I think HTML/CSS is rather easy. At least, using the book. This wont get you to a professional level, but it will absolutely help you get into web development, and it's not that hard to understand. As long as you read the major parts, you'll learn HTML in no time.

If I find any more sources, I will gladly post them here to help you guys learn HTML. I might even make a few tutorials, if requested. However, if I do make any tutorials, know that I am not a professional, so my work could be sloppy, or even inefficient.
    Have a question? Look here! If it's not already there, feel free to ask!

Want to donate and get VIP Access?
    Click [Only registered users can see this link. Therefor you need to register first, and hopefully we see you wanting to join our friendly community we are trying to build up. Enjoy! ]!

Want to help EmuCoach detect/fix bugs? Join our group, "Official Bug Testers"
    This group is for a more organized/official way of finding bugs in specific areas on the repack.
    Request to join if you're interested.
    (Note: this will not give you an official staff position)
    Click [Only registered users can see this link. Therefor you need to register first, and hopefully we see you wanting to join our friendly community we are trying to build up. Enjoy! ] to view our group page!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great tutorial! A lot of people will find this very useful rep+

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great tutorial! Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for a nice contribution. Only experience i had in html was working with some already made sites in it and simply editing them to suit my needs. Nobody showed me anything nor did i learn anything from anyone for that though.. seemed simple enough. But i can't really make my own custom stuff with html from 0 though

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marko View Post
    Thank you for a nice contribution. Only experience i had in html was working with some already made sites in it and simply editing them to suit my needs. Nobody showed me anything nor did i learn anything from anyone for that though.. seemed simple enough.
    Yeah, self taught. Same case for me - it's just about motivation. If you have serious interest, motivation and ambitions in IT (and you make an effort) you'll succeed. Everything I know is self-taught, and now I have gotten the opportunity to work for an IT company which serves many thousand clients (hosting & IT solutions)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iroflu View Post
    I figured the best way to start out this section, is to help people get started with HTML and CSS. As of writing this, I am enrolled in an online HTML/Web Development class, and by doing so, I've run into a couple of great sources to help me along the way.

I'm putting this first, to go ahead and get it out of the way. Most people might look at this and roll their eyes, but it's actually very helpful:
    The first is the textbook I use. I know, textbooks are expensive, but can be a great resource, especially this one. It helps you understand each part of HTML by explaining it. It actually explains what things to, instead of a lot of sites that just say "do this" and basically only let you copy and paste, where you don't really learn anything. It has plenty of examples to try to work with to help you learn better.
    This textbook, on kindle/ebook is about $99 to buy, while it's $123 to buy. To rent, it's only $27.
    I'd recommend renting it for a while, as it's the cheaper option, and you don't really need it for that long.
    Here is the link on Amazon:

The second resource I use is a website, called w3schools. It gives examples of both HTML and CSS, and if you don't like reading, and/or learn best only by practicing it, then this is the site to use. It kind of goes along with the copy and paste, as I mentioned earlier, but it's still very helpful, and FREE.
    The link to w3schools is:

If you're serious about getting into HTML/CSS, then I strongly recommend trying out both of these sources. They have helped me alot with my work in the class, and they're honestly not that boring. Personally, I think HTML/CSS is rather easy. At least, using the book. This wont get you to a professional level, but it will absolutely help you get into web development, and it's not that hard to understand. As long as you read the major parts, you'll learn HTML in no time.

If I find any more sources, I will gladly post them here to help you guys learn HTML. I might even make a few tutorials, if requested. However, if I do make any tutorials, know that I am not a professional, so my work could be sloppy, or even inefficient.
    W3 schools gives you worst practice on the internet and trains really bad programming habits. Best way to start so far is CodeAcademy courses and Udemy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First, try to learn through some video tutorial from YouTube and practice as hard as you can. There was no other option of hard working. Web Development has a bright future but makes sure that you are updated with latest technologies like node is and Angular Js.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!
SEO Blog